Hampton Gardens School was visited by an inspection team from Ofsted in November 2021. We have now received the official letter from Ofsted (see below) and can confirm that the rating for Hampton Gardens from this latest inspection is Good.
This judgement was arrived at through a combination of: examination of documentation provided by the school, feedback from students, staff and parents, scrutiny of students’ work, close scrutiny of the destinations of the students who left Year 13 last year and observations of some of the lessons which took place over the 2 days of the inspection.
We believe that the findings of the inspection team are accurate and fair and we very much appreciated the team’s professionalism during the two days of the inspection. The report contains many positive assessments of the school and a recognition that much of what we do constitutes highly effective practice. I am particularly pleased that the inspection team recognised that:
- Staff have high expectations of what pupils can achieve and of student behaviour.
- That students acquire the knowledge and skills that enable them to make strong gains in their learning.
- Pupils with SEND receive the help that they need to learn well in the subjects they study.
- Pupils demonstrate positive attitudes to learning.
- Reading is a high priority in the school and appropriate support is given to those that struggle, so that they are able to access the full curriculum.
- Overall parents, children and young people are very positive about their experiences at Hampton Gardens.
- Governance is strong and governors and trustees have an accurate view of the school and are actively involved in securing improvement.
- The Sixth Form is GOOD, with all students progressing to higher education, apprenticeships, or employment.
- All aspects of safeguarding are effective.
As you would expect, the report also details the areas where improvements can be made. In that respect the report is very helpful in its clarity. We agree with the inspection team that we now need to:
- Ensure all teachers check that pupils have a secure understanding of subject knowledge previously learned and how this will underpin new learning.
- Develop the Personal Development programme for the Sixth Form and continue to embed Careers Education across all year groups, to ensure the Gatsby benchmarks are met.
- Ensure communication with parents identifies how any concerns about discriminatory behaviour are dealt with.
Please click here if you wish to read the Ofsted 2021 full report.
Please click on the link here to take you directly to Hampton Gardens’ page on the Ofsted website