In Drama our aim is:
• To develop Knowledge & Understanding of Drama as an academic subject;
• To explore and develop Drama Skills in a safe and experimental working environment;
• To develop well-rounded individuals;
• To develop life skills;
• To foster a culture for appreciation of the Arts;
• To offer an enriching programme of extra-curricular opportunities
At HG students will gain knowledge and understanding of Drama as an Art form, yet also develop skills in leadership, communication, time management, organisation, creativity and self-discipline – all of which will assist students in a variety of career paths. Consequently, drama is delivered to all students in Year 7, 8 and 9 and will be offered as a GCSE Option in Key Stage 4.
Study of Drama matters…
“Theatre should ennoble the mind and uplift the spirit” – Konstantin Stanislavski
On a personal level:
• It contributes to the whole person [life skills, personal enrichment]
• It prompts creativity
• It inspires talent
• It provides a sense of escapism
• It provides an opportunity to make sense of the world
• It can promote tolerance and understanding of the wider world
• It aids individuals in developing personal opinions [Political/Social]
Drama helps young people achieve because:
Every child matters:
• Every child has a talent. Performance is one area in which an individual can experience success, whether it be through excellence in performance/production, or developing confidence.
Skills learnt in Drama are applicable to all Careers:
• Independent Learning
• Literacy/Analytical Skills
• Creative Thinking
• Understanding of human emotion
• Collaboration and Cooperation
Please click here to see an overview of the curriculum and assessment criteria.
Please click here to see Year 7, 8 and 9 Descriptors and Key Terminology.
Please see below information about Home Learning for Drama and PREP
KS4 GCSE Drama
Please view the documents below for an overview of the KS4 GCSE Drama course