We take pride in our School, and as part of our commitment to overall high standards and therefore expect our students to take pride in their appearance and progress.
We believe the dress code outlined below creates a balance between some degree of individuality whilst recognising the importance of representing the School positively within the school and the wider community.
- Smart trousers or smart skirt - no denim material, jeans or jean style, pleather or leather, corduroy or casual trousers such as combats, track suits, sportswear or shorts.
- A blouse, formal shirt or polo shirt (with a collar). Small logos on the chest of shirts are acceptable, however larger logos are not.
- Smart shoes or boots are permitted (not ‘Ugg’ style) with a sensible heel. Trainers or stiletto heeled shoes are not allowed for health and safety reasons. No black Nike or Vans trainers are allowed as it is a sportswear brand.
- Ties and/or suit jackets may be worn, although these are not compulsory.
- A jumper or cardigan may be worn. This should not have a large logo or text on it.
- Students are allowed to wear discrete jewellery and make up.
- Jeans and denim jackets (or anything denim) are not allowed.
- Corduroy jeans or pinafore dresses are not allowed.
- Sportswear (except whilst undertaking PE lessons) is not allowed.
- Outdoor/casual jackets, hooded tops, hats, baseball caps and scarves are not to be worn around the College.
- Cropped trousers or cropped tops are not allowed
- Shorts are not allowed.
- Avoid any clothing that is overly revealing.
The School reserves the right to decide what is considered appropriate. If students or parents require clarification on any of the above, please consult with the Director of Sixth Form.