Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Hampton Gardens is committed to ensuring that all students, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), can make excellent progress in their learning and personal development. Students have special educational needs if they have a learning challenge, physical or other disability which requires additional or different educational provision relative to what is normally available in school.
The specific objectives of our SEND policy are:
- To ensure that all students make the best possible progress
- To identify students with special educational needs and disabilities and to ensure that their needs are met
- To ensure that students with special educational needs and disabilities play a full and active part in the life of the school
- To ensure that there is effective ongoing communication between the school and parents/carers
- To promote effective partnership and successfully involve outside agencies where appropriate